The Health and Wholeness Ministry seeks to Connect with God, Grow Together and Change the World by caring for our bodies. Their mission is to encourage people to view their bodies as temples of God which must be cared for in order to do His will, and to see this care as an act of stewardship (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).
They are committed to responding to the hurts, pain and brokenness of our communities through service so that our brothers and sisters may live long and healthy lives.
They organize and partner with other ministries and organizations in community outreach events including:
- Barbershop Blood Pressure Screening
- Breast Cancer Awareness
- CPR-Basic Life Support/First Aid Training
- Disaster Preparedness Training
- Vision Screening for the underinsured and uninsured population in the East Bay
- HIV Screening
- Organ Donation Awareness
- Bone Marrow Drive
- Dental Hygiene Education for children and youth
- Blood Donation Drive for the Sickle Cell Anemia Blue Tag Program
- Fitness Education with Moving Monday series for the local community
- Childhood Obesity education with Healthy Food Choices
Community partners include the American Red Cross, Compassion Network, City of Fremont, Unitek College, and Washington Hospital in Fremont.
For More Information contact SBCC Health and Wholeness Ministry.